АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Match the kinds of schools to the definitions.
||a. a school for advanced education, especially in a particular profession
||b. a school in the US and Canada for children or 14 or 15 to 18 years old
||c. a school for children aged two to five
||d. a school for children who are between three and five years old
|5. junior high
||e. a school for children between the ages of 11 and 16 or 18
|6. high school
||f. a school for children between five and 11 years old in England
||g. a school in the US and Canada for children aged between 12 and 14 or 15
||h. a school in the US for the first six years of a child’s education
Key: 1d, 2c, 3f, 4e, 5g, 6b, 7h, 8a.
Match the jobs with their meanings.
||a. the teacher who is in charge of a school
||b. a teacher at a university or college
||c. someone who gives private lessons to one student or a small group
||d. someone who teaches a sport or practical skill
||e. someone whose job is to teach, especially in a school
||f. someone who gives lectures, especially in a university
||g. someone who trains a person or team in a sport
|8. head teacher
||h. someone who trains people or animals for sport or work
Key: 1e, 2c, 3f, 4b, 5d, 6g, 7h, 8a.
Match the words with their meanings.
||a. a student in their last year of high school or university
||b. a student who is in the second year of study at a college or high school
||c. a student in the first year of high school or university
||d. someone who is studying at a university, school
||e. someone who is being taught, especially a child
||f. a student in the year before the final year of high school or college
||g. someone who is studying at a university to get a master’s degree
||h. someone who has completed a university degree
Key: 1d, 2e, 3c, 4b, 5f, 6a, 7h, 8g.
Write the words teacher, coach, trainer, referee, instructor in the sentences.
1. The ____________ made the athlete train for five hours.
2. The ____________ blew his whistle to start the match.
3. Her brother works as a racehorse ____________.
4. One of the players was sent off for arguing with the ___________.
5. Svetlana’s the ___________ of the volleyball team.
6. Do you want to be a professional teacher ___________?
7. She worked as a fitness __________ in Australia.
8. Her dream was to become a primary ___________.
Key: 1. coach; 2. referee; 3. trainer; 4. referee; 5. coach; 6. trainer; 7. instructor; 8. teacher.
5. На уроке “The British Way of Life” вводятся такие реалии, как: The Union Jack, M.P., public school, New Scotland Yard, zebra crossing, Tory, Building Society, G.C.S.E., Trade Union, public convenience.
После отработки данной лексики в ряде упражнений предлагается тест на проверку и закрепление данного материала.