АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Choose the sentence which is close in its meaning to the statement. 47. Japanese carmaker Mitsubishi Motors Corp
47. Japanese carmaker Mitsubishi Motors Corp. gave investors an unpleasant surprise, doubling its net loss forecast for this business year.
a) Japanese carmaker Mitsubishi Motors Corp. is expecting fewer losses this year.
b) Japanese carmaker Mitsubishi Motors Corp. is expecting bigger losses this year.
c) The net loss forecast of Japanese carmaker Mitsubishi Motors Corp. is favourable for the investors.
48. Electronics, telecoms and other high-tech related shares were the hardest hit.
a) Share prices of electronics, telecoms and other high-tech related companies dropped slightly.
b) Electronics, telecoms and other high-tech related companies sold their shares at the highest price.
c) Share prices of electronics, telecoms and other high-tech related companies plunged dramatically.
49. The share issue increased LUKoil stake to a controlling one and reduced the ownership of Tafneft to 6 per cent.
a) The LUKoil share value increased.
b) The LUKoil got a controlling interest.
c) The Tafneft got a controlling stake in LUKoil.
50. The oil company has already put some $10 million into the construction of about 140 kilometers of pipe.
a) The oil company has already spend about $10 million on reconstruction of the pipeline.
b) The oil company has already spent about $10 million on building the pipeline.
c) The oil company has already planned to put some $10 million into the construction of about 140 kilometers of pipe.
51. We will not increase the service component of our business but concentrate on development of our oil resources.
a) The company is planning to develop the production component of their business rather than the services.
b) The company will not deal with the services at all.
c) The development of oil resources will be the only component of the company’s business.
3. Choose the alternative to express the same idea as the word or phrase italicised.
52. The research highlights that the working conditions in the factory need improvement.
a) finds out b) points out c) clears out
53. The employees of our factory are provided with good lodging.
a) benefits b) accommodation c) pensions
54. Their booming enterprise went bankrupt during the last financial crash.
a) small b) flourishing c) developing
55. They were made to sell their enterprise at a low price.
a) asked b) told c) forced
56. We intend to increase our sales by 15%.
a) plan b) intent c) intervene
57. All senior staff was sacked by the new owners.
a) hired b) employed c) dismissed
58. The situation on the stock market is changeable.
a) unstable b) movable c) steady
59. Our machine which is used for producing texts isn’t working.
a) fax b) photocopier c) word processor
60. Please, send us the document by the process of facsimile transmission.
a) fax b) photocopier c) computer
61. I decided to improve in effectiveness my computer system.
a) sell b) upgrade c) change
62. Once a month we have a regular meeting to discuss the way a project is developed.
a) chat b) progress review c) board meeting
63. Yesterday we had a meeting, where we exchanged new ideas about the development of our project. We all freely and at random expressed our views suggesting different options, some of them sounded really fantastic.
a) conversation b) briefing c) brainstorming
64. Please, put your cars in the area that has been specially designed for their temporary use.
a) garage b) parking place c) square
65. My sister is responsible for promotion and distribution of the company’s goods as well as for the market research.
a) a production manager b) a marketing manager c) a sales manager
66. We are here today to deal with some problems, which caused certain difficulties in the production.
a) sort out b) oversee c) stimulate
67. He is in charge of a group of employees who work at developing a new model of the product.
a) project team b) marketing team c) advertising team
68. We must find the answer to the question: what was the cause of our losing a large share of the market.
a) solve b) clear up c) sort out
69. How many people were present at the last conference?
a) joined b) attended c) met
70. Now, let’s elect the person who will preside over the meeting.
a) chair person b) president c) executive
71. They stated as the necessary condition our partial payment in advance.
a) stipulated b) simulated c) ensured
72. A few members of the staff gave up their jobs.
a) sacked b) resigned c) fired