АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
199. She is fond... classical music.
200.... always speaks in a loud voice.
201. There were many.... of the World War at the meeting.
202. I’ve got good relations... my mum.
203. My mother’s brother is my....
204. Son of my father is my....
C) distant relative
205. My brother’s wife is my....
206. Daughter of my sister is my....
207. The father of my husband is my....
208. Children of uncle are my....
209. My children are my parents’....
210. Our large family consists... 8 people.
211. We... fond... reading fairy-tales when we were children.
A) were / of
B) are / of
C) were / with
D) was / by
E) are / at
212. He usually goes...bed at half past seven.
213. My working day finishes... 6 p.m.
214. She tries to do... morning exercises every morning.
215. On week-ends we like to go... the country.
216. As... rule we have little free time on my week-days.
220. Sometimes I have scrambled eggs... breakfast.
221. In the evening if I have enough time I have....
A) a bath
B) a breakfast
C) a taxi
D) a lessons
E). a pen
222. As a rule after classes I go.....
223. It... me an hour to get to the University.
224. Then I go to the... where I have breakfast.
C) sitting room
E) my room
225. I want my parents... of me.
A) to be proud
B) to be fond
C) to be late
D) to be interested
E) to be ill
226. After classes I go... to get ready for lessons.
A) to the library
B) to home
C) at home
D) to the house
E) to the cafe
227. When do you come... home after work?
229. What I do at my weekends really depends... my mood.
230.... the corner there is a writing table.
231. You can see a big dining table... the middle... the room.
A) in / of
B) of / at
C) on / in
D) at / in
E) of / of
232. We are looking... a flat which overlooks a nice park.
233. His flat is... the second floor.
234. Where do you keep your books?
E) bedside table
235. Where do you usually have a bath?
E) entrance hall
236. Where do people keep their dishes?
237.... there a green carpet on the floor?
238. I have a bedroom which I use... a study.
D) look like
239. There... a sofa and four chairs in our livingroom.
240. Choose the correct variant.
A) she has dinner at home as a rule
B) she as a rule has not dinner at home
C) she have as a rule dinner at home
D) as a rule she has dinner at home
E) she not as a rule has dinner at home
241. Choose the correct variant.
A) Mary doesn’t go to the library
B) Mary not go to the library
C) Mary don’t goes to the library
D) Mary doesn’t goes to the library
E) Mary go not to the library
242. Choose the correct variant.
A) Does his brother swim very well?
B) Is his brother swim very well?
C) Do his brother swim very well?
D) Do his brother swim very well?
E) Have his brother swim very well?
245. Choose the correct variant.
A) Do the shops open at 9 o’clock in the morning?
B) Does the shops open at 9 o’clock in the morning?
C) Do the shop open at 9 o’clock in the morning?
D) Are the shops open at 9 o’clock in the morning?
E) Is the shops open at 9 o’clock in the morning?
246. Choose the correct variant.
A) Does his mother cook tasty?
B) Is his mother cooks tasty?
C) Do his mother cooks tasty?
D) Do his mother cook tasty?
E) Has his mother cook tasty?
247. The course of study at the university is … than at college.
248. A full-time student goes to the university …
A) every day
B) at the end of terms
C) only during sessions
D) every weekend
E) once a week
249. After finishing the university student get …
A) a diploma
C) a certificate
D) a registor
E) a time-table
250. In our university examinations are held …
A) at the end of each term
B) at the end of a year
C) at the end of every month
D) at the weekend
E) at the end of study
251. A freshman is …
A) a first-year student
B) a graduate
C) a tutor
D) a pupil
E) a teacher
252. “To catch up the group” means
A) Догнать группу
B) Групповая работа
C) Отставать от группы
D) Познакомиться с группой
E) Перейти в др. группу
253. “Провалить экзамен”
A) To miss an exam
B) To fail in an exam
C) To take exam
D) To do one`s test
E). To pass an exam
255. After finishing school young people usually …
A) Enter the university
B) Leave school
C) Work hard
D) Read up for exam
E). Graduate from the University
256. Give a synonym: to be good at
A) Do one`s best
B) To do well in
C) To work hard at
D) Work by first and stars
E) To take notes
257. During study at the university students can make a …
A) Research work
D) Home task
258. You can`t take an examination without …
D) Credits card
259. Teaching stuff consists of …
A) Teachers and professors
260. In Great Britain you can get a higher education at …
A) High school and university
B) Nursery school
C) College and high school
D) College and university
E) High school
261. Translate: отставать от группы
A) To get behind to group
B) To catch up with the group
C) To work by fits and starts
D) Go in for sports
E) To fail in an exam
262. A good teacher treats his students with...
263. From lesson to lesson students … their knowledge
D) Give away
264. Learning a foreign language is a long…
265. Usually it takes the students long to read English book in …
A) The original
B) The university
C) The bus
D) Adopted version
E) The street
266. To know English today is absolutely … for every educated man.
267. You’ll fail in your English if you…
A) Miss many lessons
B) Read books
C) Attend many lessons
D) Learn grammar rules
E) Know the spelling
268. There are … terms in British universities.
269. It is never too late to … knowledge.
270. How often do our students take exams?
A) Twice a year
B) Once a month
C) Once a year
D) Twice a term
E) Twice a session
271. “To read up for an exam” means.
A) Готовиться к экзамену
B) Читать книги
C) Приходить на экзамен
D) Провалить экзамен
E) Сдать экзамен
272. Part-time students study at the university…
A) Twice a year
B) Once a week
C) During the sessions
D) During the term
E) Every day
273. You will have no problems with the subject if you ….
A) Attend classes
B) Miss classes
C) Go in for sports
D) Help somebody
E) Have much money
274. At the end of each term teachers … the students.
B) Play computer games
C) Joke with
D) Work with
275. … is very important for the success and progress of our society.
276. Finishing school is the... of an independent life of school – leavers.
277. What is the oldest university in England?
278. After graduating university it is very difficult to choose one of the hundreds of ….
279. Who tries to help to make a decision in choosing profession?
A) Teachers and parents
280. What should the school-leavers do after finishing school?
A) Choose profession
B) Finish training courses
C) Get married
D) Leave their homes
E) Stay at home
281. Who teaches pupils?
282. What are you?
A) I am a teacher
B) He is a boy
C) Ann is her sister
D) I am Ann
E) They are girls
283. These crazy scientists (to find) treasures on Antarctica.
284. I (to have) be there right in time, but I was late as usual.
A) had to
D) has to
E) have to
285. I (to fly) from one continent to another last summer.
286. I think the weather... fine next week.
A) will be
B) would be
E) has been
287. I knew my friend … never... to Washington.
A) has been
B) was been
C) was not
D) had been
E) hadn’t been
288. Her parents work … a plant.
289. He decided to save some money and put … in the bank.
290. Everybody considered him … very clever.
A) to be
E) is being
291. I … this book since my childhood.
A) haven’t read
B) don’t read
C) didn’t read
D) won’t read
E) am not reading
292. Ann … eat less, she’s too fat.
D) may not
293. I’ll give you the book on condition you … it next week.
A) will return
C) shall return
294. Он нашел средство помочь им.
A) He found a means of helping them
B) He found no means of helping him
C) He found some means of helping them
D) There are different means of helping them
E) Are there any means of helping them
295. She was invited to this conference … a specialist in medicine.
D) as it
296. Which is the oldest University in the United States?
A) Harvard University
B) Columbia University
C) London University
D) Brown University
E) Princeton University.
297. This pensioner is old and he can’t … well.
C) to heard
D) listen to
298. There are a lot of … in this place.
E) a mice
299. Bob wants the money. Please give … to him.
300. The situation changed from bad to …
C) more bad
301. You … not smoke, it’s ruinous for your health.
302. I cannot excuse you, unless you … me what the problem is.
303. You … learned this poem by heart, … you?
A) have, haven’t
B) has, haven’t
C) have, have
D) has, has
E) has, hasn’t
304. Yesterday’s rain spoilt my hat completely; I … buy a new one.
A) had to
305. Над чем вы смеетесь?
A) What are you laughing at?
B) What do you laugh at about?
C) What do you laugh of?
D) Why do you laugh?
E) What have you laughed at?
306. Она вошла в департамент иностранных дел.
A) She had entered the foreign affairs department
B) She entered the foreign affairs department
C) She enters the foreign affairs department
D) She entering the foreign affairs department
E) She enter the foreign affairs department
307. We could all do more to keep healthy. We don’t look after … properly.
308. Give me a … of paper.
309. I … this test for at least half an hour.
A) have done
B) am doing
D) have been doing
E) is doing
310. Can you do it yourself? –Yes, I can do it …